European Structural and Investment Funds
The LEP has been notionally allocated £55.3 million of European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) for investment into Hertfordshire projects from 2015 onwards.
The Herts LEP Area ESIF Committee is responsible for setting the direction and priorities, and developing and delivering the strategy, for ESIF on behalf of Government. View the draft European Investment Strategy 2016 version*, associated Allocation Tables and our Rural Hertfordshire Profile.
(*updated from 2014 and subject to final Government approval)
What is ESIF?
This fund is designed to improve economic growth, business competitiveness and employment opportunities and social well-being across Member States of the EU. It covers three funding programmes: the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), European Social Fund (ESF) and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- Strengthening research, technological development & innovation
- Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs
- Supporting the shift towards a low carbon economy in all sectors
Find out about the ERDF business support package becoming available.
Total - £59.8m including 50% match funding
European Social Fund (ESF)
- Promoting employment and supporting labour mobility (DWP/SFA Co-financed)
- Promoting social inclusion and combating poverty (Big Lottery Cash Match Funding via Building Better Opportunities programme )
- Investing in education, skills and lifelong learning (SFA Co-financed)
Total - £47.8m including match funding
European Agriculture Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)
- Building knowledge and skills in rural areas
- Funding new and developing non-agricultural, micro, small and medium-sized rural business
- Funding small scale renewable and broadband investments in rural areas
- Supporting tourism activities in rural areas
Total - £1.5m including match funding
If you have a potential project proposal, and would like to speak to a member of the LEP project facilitation team, please send an email.
If you have a particular interest in the European Regional Development Fund, please contact Tim Burton, our ERDF Projects Facilitator, on 01707 358744.