Welcome to Hertfordshire LEP
The Esmee Fairbairn UK Collections Fund Open to Applications
Grants are available to support time-limited work on the collections of museums and galleries in the UK to support and facilitate research, development, understanding and the use of collections.
Grants of between £20,000 and £100,000 are available to museums and galleries in the UK to enable them to focus on time-limited work on collections outside the scope of an organisation’s core resources. A large number of collections activities are eligible for funding, for example research, digitisation, loans and conservation.
Preference will be given to proposals that have one or more of the following characteristics:
• Collections work that is difficult to fund from core or other sources, or is in need of partnership funding.
• Work at an early stage of development, where wider programmes, such as education and exhibitions, can only be fully developed as the work progresses.
• Proposals where it may be difficult to guarantee tangible outcomes.
• Organisations that consider the legacy of the work that is funded.
• Proposals that have the potential to share knowledge with other organisations through partnership working or dissemination.
• Proposals that have the potential to use collections to make a difference for audiences.
£1 million per year is available, with funding awarded in two rounds each year.
The deadline for applications is 2 April 2015 (5pm). Click here for more information.