What is the Envoy Programme?
Our Envoy Programme is made up of our private sector Board Members and a cohort of individuals drawn from a wide range of sectors and sizes of organisation. The Envoys work with the LEP as a critical friend and external ambassador by representing Hertfordshire LEP to people and businesses. The Envoy programme is not a membership organisation, but a group of individuals with the collective aim to make Hertfordshire a better place to live, work and do business for current and future generations. By working in partnership with the LEP the Envoys can identify and help us find solutions to some of Hertfordshire’s challenges and ensure that the voice of enterprise remains strong in Hertfordshire.Meet our current Envoys
What are we trying to achieve?
- Create external advocates for the LEP to government, industry and external investors;
- Improve visibility and reputation of the LEP within the local business community;
- Ensure that voice of enterprise remains strong in Hertfordshire;
- Build business-led advocacy and campaigning opportunities.
Benefits of becoming an Envoy
- A unique opportunity to join a network of like-minded business peers that works together to identify creative solutions to locally significant issues;
- The ability to influence and shape Hertfordshire LEP’s activities and priorities;
- To enhance the reputation of the LEP within the local business community.
Envoys should be knowledgeable about the wider economic benefits of Hertfordshire LEP’s work and be able to explain its influencing role locally around economic growth and job creation. They should be willing to share their industry expertise on both a formal and informal basis with the LEP Main Board and Programme Board Members so that current business opinion is reflected in Hertfordshire LEP work and thinking.
Who leads the Envoy Programme?
Mark Davies, Regional Director of Northern Home Counties, Metro Bank is Chair of the Envoy Programme. He is supported by Lucy Gravatt, Hertfordshire LEP’s Communications and Engagement Manager.