This November, Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) will bring together over 10 million people to celebrate entrepreneurship, start-up culture and the removal of barriers, with over 35,000 events planned across 170 countries.
To celebrate, Stevenage Borough Council have partnered with business support organisations across Hertfordshire including Hertfordshire Growth Hub, Wenta, the Business & Technology Centre (btc) Stevenage, Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce, the Federation of Small Businesses, Better Business for All, Young Enterprise, Prince’s Trust, North Herts College and the University of Hertfordshire to support the county's entrepreneurial community. Activities have been planned from 18 November to tackle barriers to entrepreneurship and connect local entrepreneurs to Hertfordshire’s network of support.
Planned events in Stevenage include:
- Monday 18th November (10am-3:30pm): Business Development Workshop at the btc with Stevenage Borough Council and the Sales Master Guild
- Tuesday 19th November (9am-2pm): Google Digital Garage Event at the btc
- Wednesday 20th November (9am – 1pm): Small Business Agony Aunt Appointments with Hertfordshire Growth Hub and We Grow Businesses at the btc
- Thursday 21st November (all day): Intellectual Property Surgeries with Wenta and Cleveland Scott York
- Thursday 21st November (11:30 – 2pm): Supporting Your Entrepreneurial Journey with Stevenage Borough Council and North Herts College
- Thursday 21st November (5.30pm – 7.30pm): Young Enterprise and Prince’s Trust Young Entrepreneurs Event at the btc. Contact Jill O'Neill' to sign-up: firstname.lastname@example.org (suitable for young adults up to 30 years old)
- Friday 22nd November (9am -1pm): Marketing and Compliance For Your Business at the btc with Wenta and Better Business for All
Stevenage Borough Council will also be launching its Annual Business Grant Scheme on the 21st November to support businesses in the area to accelerate and succeed.