As key drivers of local economic growth, LEPs have been asked by Government to review existing LEP geographies to remove overlaps and ensure real economic areas are being reflected. We have submitted a strong case for Hertfordshire LEP’s area of remit to be co-terminus with the county’s boundary.
We are committed to working with our public sector partners to ensure that Hertfordshire gets the best deal possible in post-Brexit Britain. Deputy Chair Adrian Hawkins will represent the LEP at a meeting with Hertfordshire MPs at Westminster next week as part of a consortium of public sector leaders, to set out our collective ambition to create a Hertfordshire that is Fit for the Future. This vision of unity was very much in evidence at the recent Hertfordshire Forward Conference. View slides here.
On 1 October, Government published its Local Industrial Strategy (LIS) policy statement and we are pleased that our approach is fully in line. As part of our LIS development process, we will be launching our productivity survey at our State of the Economy event on 30 November, where we will be sharing with you our latest robust evidence on the local economic landscape. Please save this key date in your diaries.
Mark Bretton, Hertfordshire LEP Chair
In this issue:
- Details of our upcoming Hertfordshire: State of the Economy 2018 event.
- Opportunities for offsite construction businesses to set up base in our Hertfordshire Enterprise Zone.
- Hertfordshire Growth Hub delivery update.
- Details of the latest skills development projects approved by the LEP Board.
- The latest Hertfordshire Growth Package case studies - find out how your business could benefit.
- The latest news and events from our partners.