We know businesses have been hit hard by the pandemic. Investing in skills now can help grow your business and ensure it is future-ready.
There has never been a better time to hire an apprentice in Hertfordshire. That is why we have launched 'Hertfordshire Supports Apprenticeships' to help:
- Deliver a resident workforce fit for the future;
- Raise the skills and productivity levels of those already in work;
- Showcase the resilience of apprentices and employers during COVID-19.
Did you know?
- Training can be tailored to meet your business needs, enabling you to expand and upskill your workforce;
- There are now apprenticeships available in Hertfordshire for just about every job role and at every level. Whatever your size and sector, we’ve probably got an apprenticeship that will be right for your business;
- You can employ apprentices at different levels, from school leavers and university graduates, to people who want to further their careers or change career direction completely;
- You can hire someone new or upskill an existing employee.
Visit the 'Hertfordshire Supports Apprenticeships' campaign hub to view:
- A short animation setting out the return on investment that apprenticeships offer and the companies that have already signed up to #HertfordshireSupportsApprenticeships;
- Real stories from Hertfordshire employers about how apprenticeships have benefited their business; and the benefits to apprentices themselves;
- Step-by-step guidance on how to get started, including support for funding and how to hire an apprentice, upskill or re-train your future workforce.
Throughout the campaign we will be signposting to Hertfordshire Opportunities Portal (HOP), a one-stop shop for talent. Powered by Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership, students, employers and residents wishing to upskill, are now able to HOP into all the resources they need to make informed career decisions and build a future talent pipeline.
HOP is the premier gateway in Hertfordshire to find out about:
- career path options;
- employment opportunities;
- apprenticeships and work experience;
- skills development and professional qualification programmes.
How do I advertise my vacancies on HOP?
Your training organisation will do this for you through the ‘find an apprenticeship’ service (visit www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk). As long as the apprenticeship has a Hertfordshire-based postcode, HOP will access the apprenticeship directly from the ‘find an apprenticeship’ service.
Haven't found your training provider yet? Head to HOP's Provider Showcase to explore training organisations who provide apprenticeship programmes to meet your business needs.
Don't just take our word for it!
Here’s what employers and apprentices have to say:
“If you can put the time in to give the apprentice the development, guidance and support they need, they can become a valuable commodity to the business.” - Rick Wilmott, Sales and Marketing Manager, Cheeky Munkey (St Albans)
“Everyone in the business trusts me now. That’s the most valuable thing to me, even though I am an apprentice. I would say to others thinking of an apprenticeship to go for it! It’s definitely worth it. You get paid as you learn. What more do you want really!” - Harry Islam, 19, Apprentice at Cheeky Munkey
Visit HOP for more inspiring employer and apprentice case studies and testimonials:Visit HOP
How can I get involved?
Have you used apprenticeships to fill skills gaps in your organisation, or to upskill and revitalise your workforce so that it is ready for the future? If so, we want to hear from you! Together over the next 12 months we will inspire Hertfordshire with engaging stories of how apprenticeships have kick-started incredible careers; helped boost apprentices’ confidence, skills and knowledge; and created return on investment for businesses.
Get in touch:
If you have an inspiring apprenticeship story to share or would like further information about 'Hertfordshire Supports Apprenticeships', email: firstname.lastname@example.org.