Each year, thousands of businesses offer work experience placements for young people, talks within schools, visits and workshops within Hertfordshire. This gives students a real life opportunity to understand the world of work and develop communication, self confidence and independence.
By offering work experience you are giving young people the chance to spend time learning about your organisation and you can:
• Improve the skills of possible future employees in your industry.
• Raise the profile of your organisation and your career opportunities within the local community.
• Gain fresh ideas and an external perspective from a student who can be an ‘extra pair of hands’.
• Develop management skills for your staff members.
• Reduce recruitment costs by attracting young people into part time and full time vacancies.
Youth Connexions will help you to make the most of the opportunities to engage with education and support you through the process.
Could you offer a work experience placement, talks, mock Interviews, CV workshops, employer led assignments, workplace visits or would you attend a career event?
If you are interested in any of these please contact:
email@example.com or 01438 843705
Jamie, 15, from Buntingford, who gained work experience at Quadrant Design and Print Solutions in Hertford said: “Everyone was very helpful and I learnt many new skills. All in all, it gave me a great insight into working life and some invaluable skills in the design world. It was a great experience.”