Hertfordshire’s Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is urging businesses in the county to take part in a new campaign and support Hertfordshire’s heroes.
The LEP is supporting the Community Covenant’s ‘Proud to Support’ Hertfordshire Heroes scheme which sets out to honour Hertfordshire’s armed forces (both retired and serving) and ensure they are not disadvantaged because of the service they have provided to the country.
This week the LEP's Chairman John Gourd sent an open letter to businesses in Hertfordshire encouraging the private sector to get behind the scheme and help those who have helped us.
Businesses are being asked to support the scheme in any way they can, which could be through:
* offering discounts on goods or services
* promoting jobs and training opportunities
* showing support through broader publicity for the Community Covenant
The Community Covenant was launched in July 2012 and outlined commitments around three broad themes:
* celebrating & honouring the county’s armed forces community
* ensuring fair access to services
* helping those who have helped us - ensuring that those Armed Forces personnel that do experience difficulties as a result of their service, receive appropriate support and advice when needed
The Covenant has already been endorsed by over twenty five major organisations in Hertfordshire, including the LEP, the County Council, NHS Hertfordshire, the major bus and coach operators, Hertfordshire Constabulary and all ten of our district and borough councils.
Click here to see John Gourd's open letter to businesses in the area.
E-mail email@example.com for more information on how your business can get involved.