Hertfordshire Growth Hub is kicking off the new year with a suite of events to help local businesses meet the challenges of the new decade.
Powered by Hertfordshire LEP, Hertfordshire Growth Hub is the main point of contact for business support within the county, offering free and impartial advice for SMEs and coordinating partner programmes to help meet local needs.
As the UK prepares to leave the EU on 31st January, every business, even those not exporting to EU countries, will need to think about how new arrangements will affect their supply chains, customer confidence and data handling practices. Businesses must also be ready to face unforeseen challenges, from rising commodity prices to the introduction of new technology, and to respond resolutely to new opportunities.
With that in mind, Hertfordshire Growth Hub have partnered with Metro Bank to host a series of informal networking sessions, which will include an introductory briefing from a business resilience adviser. Events are scheduled for:
- 17 January at Metro Bank Watford, from 10am – 11.30am. Book your place.
- 21 January at Metro Bank Luton, from 10am – 11.30am, in partnership with SEMLEP Growth Hub. Book your place and view the event flyer.
- 14 February at Metro Bank St Albans, from 10am – 11.30am. Booking link to follow.
Hertfordshire LEP is also working hand-in-hand with London and South East LEPs to deliver a coordinated business resilience and Brexit readiness programme across the wider region via their respective Growth Hubs. As part of this programme, Hertfordshire Growth Hub will be delivering a roadshow of 20 intensive events across the county. The first three dates are listed below, with further events to follow.
- 15 January at Novotel Stevenage, from 1.30pm - 3.30pm. Book your place.
- 16 January at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead, from 5.30pm - 7.30pm. Book your place.
- 20 January at the Spotlight Theatre Broxbourne, from 8.30am -10.30am. Book your place.