Releasing our potential
The Hertfordshire Skills Strategy will help to ensure that the county’s workforce and future labour market are best equipped to meet employers’ needs.
Hertfordshire LEP, in partnership with Hertfordshire County Council and the Department for Work and Pensions, produced the wide-ranging Strategy which has been warmly welcomed by businesses and training providers.
The Strategy, Releasing our Potential, which includes a detailed action plan, takes into account the views and needs of schools, colleges, businesses and other organisations to help increase and develop both our existing and future workforce by:
- Helping young people aged 16-24 into training and employment by building greater links between employers and schools/colleges, and increasing the number of apprenticeships and traineeships
- Providing a package of measures to support the unemployed, vulnerable adults and those aged 50+ back into the jobs market
- Enhancing opportunities through lifelong learning by improving adult english and maths skills and encouraging greater focus on training in areas where there are high numbers of low qualified residents
- Helping to deliver higher level skills to meet skills gaps in key sector areas such as advanced manufacturing, life sciences and the creative industries
- Providing targeted skills training support for small to medium-sized businesses.